All products sold on the website are for professional use and by purchasing these products the responsibility for correct usage lies with the purchaser themselves. The Company accepts no responsibility for misuse due to insufficient training or product knowledge.
In these terms and conditions “the seller” or the “company” means Gaynor Louise Beauty Supplies, Gaynor Louise Ltd, Gaynor Louise Nail & Beauty Academy, or any subsidiary or associated company. The “buyer” means the purchaser of goods from the seller under these terms and conditions.
Version: July 2020
This policy sets out the basis on which we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website and/or signing up for newsletters, competitions and other marketing activities online.
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, if appropriate, notified to you by email so please check this page regularly.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you provide to us
You will provide some or all of the following information to us when you purchase goods from our website, register a customer account with us, contact us, or sign up for newsletters and other marketing activities online:
- Your Identity and Contact Details -includes your name, email address, home postal address/billing address, delivery address (if different), and your contact telephone number
- Your Payment Details – your bank details and payment card details
- Your Profile Data – if you register a customer account, this includes the profile you create to identify yourself when connecting to our website (including your username and password) and other data about purchases and your personal preferences.
Please Note: It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not collect any categories of sensitive personal data and this website is not intended for children so we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we collect when you use our website
As you interact with our website, we also automatically collect usage and technical data (described below) about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Usage Data – includes details of products and services you have purchased from us, and information about how you use our website
- Technical Data – includes: Your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page, mobile applications traffic data, weblogs and other communication data;
- Other – We may also receive information from third parties we work closely with such as delivery services, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
What we use your personal data for
Data protection law in the UK allows us to collect, use, store and transfer personal information if we have one or more of the following purposes for doing so:
- To fulfil a contract with you
- Where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests
- For other reasons where you have expressly consented to those purposes.
Below are the ways we will use your personal data to fulfil your contract and/or for our legitimate interests:
- Processing your order, including taking payment, supplying products and any after sales services such as cancellations and returns,
- Keeping you updated on the progress of your order, we may communicate with you about your order by email, but we or our couriers may also contact you by phone
- Where you have registered with us, processing and administering your account
- Processing information required for competition, promotion or survey entries by you
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service if you choose to do so
- Analysing sales to help us understand and improve our business
- Administration, analysis and assessment of our websites and their performance, to understand and develop our business and for the improvement and optimisation of our websites and as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure.
We need your consent for direct marketing communications. If you have expressly given your consent to receive direct marketing from us via our website, we may use the information you have given us for:
- Delivering direct marketing, advertising and updates from us to you, such as telling you about forthcoming events, products, services and offers and updates and information about us
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
At any time you can opt out of direct marketing or change your preferences.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your information within Gaynor Louise Ltd and with our selected third parties for the purposes referred to above. For example:
- Payment Acquiring Services to process your payment
- Delivery and Courier Companies to supply your order
- Credit Reference & Fraud Prevention Agencies for credit checking and identity verification when applying for finance
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- Build and hosting service providers that help us to maintain the software that runs our website. They provide us with reporting statistics and serve cookies on our behalf to enable any website personalisation and sign-in functionality.
We require all third parties engaged by us to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Such third parties are only allowed to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions, and not for their own purposes.
Opting out of marketing and preference updates
If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing and updates from Gaynor Louise Ltd you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link in the footer of the email or using the ‘unsubscribe from all’ link within the email preference centre accessible through the emails. Alternatively you can contact us via email email@example.com If you are a registered online customer you can also opt out and amend your preference settings within your login profile under “My Account”.
Security of your personal data
Our websites have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to choose an effective, secure password and not to share your password with anyone.
We recommend only connecting to secure wireless networks that you trust to reduce the risk of unauthorised people intercepting your online activity. Beware of the risks of using public wifi.
If you receive an email purporting to be from Gaynor Louise Ltd asking for personal data, please do not respond to the email but please let us know that this has happened so we can check whether the email is genuine.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your data for as long as you are a customer and thereafter we may keep it for longer in order to respond to any questions or complaints and to maintain necessary records to satisfy legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may also keep your data for research or statistical purposes.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. Please let us know if you think we should not be using it, but please be aware that there may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your information.
Your rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data are briefly summarised below, and you can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Gaynor Louise Beauty Supplies 117 Rochdale Road, Bury, Manchester, BL9 7BA England:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which we will tell you about, if applicable, after receiving your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time if we are relying on your consent to process your personal data. This won’t affect any processing already carried out before you withdraw your consent or processing under other grounds. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data and we try to respond to all requests within one month.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns you may have before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. If you have any questions or require any more information please contact us at Manager@gaynorlouisebeautysupplies.co.uk
PRODUCT ORDERS : Terms and Conditions
Prices are listed as the net price you pay in £ Sterling for the UK. VAT will be added at checkout.
Minimum Order Value
We are happy to accept orders with no minimum order value.
We ship within the UK mainland only.
Parcels will be sent by our nominated carrier service UPS. Or by Royal Mail Second Class.
Local Pick Up : Usually available same day within 2-3hrs
Standard delivery : 1-2 working days. Whilst we cannot guarantee, we do aim to dispatch same day if placed before 11am, or next day.
Express Delivery : Next working day for orders placed before 2pm.
Orders are sent on a next day delivery service, during busy periods for the delivery companies next day may be extended by them to 2 day delivery, for example but not limited to weeks surrounding a Bank Holidays, November Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales periods and December.
Please note, no despatch or delivery times are guaranteed. We try our best to meet the delivery time you have chosen but occasionally things beyond our control may prevent this from happening. We will not be held liable for any losses to you due to deliveries not arriving/collections not being available within the timescales listed. No refunds will be given on standard delivery, if express delivery has been chosen and your delivery has not arrived within the express delivery timescale, but has arrived within standard delivery, then any refunds will be limited to the difference paid.
Large and Heavy Items
Large Furniture items are delivered direct from the manufacturer and delivery times may vary. Please check the description on the item for more information or contact us for an estimated delivery timescale. Most items will be delivered within 5-7 working days although some make take 2-6 weeks.
For large and/or heavy items on order you are advised to have assistance on hand as our couriers will only deliver kerbside and will not enter premises or deliver up or down stairs
- Collection available free of charge.
- Orders requiring shipping will be charged £6.50 + vat for Standard Delivery (UK mainland only)*
- Express delivery £9 +vat (UK mainland only)*
- Free Standard Delivery for orders over £60 net value. Exceptions may be made in the case of sale items.
- Exceptions made to all the above for large heavy furniture/equipment orders.
* Exclusions shown below:
- Scottish Highlands – 2 day delivery – £16
- Scottish Islands – 3 day delivery- £18
- Large Furniture items – delivery date to be confirmed please see above – £25 + vat UK Mainland.
Special Delivery – Should you require a special delivery i.e. Weekend/am/weekday evenings, please ask our team for details.
If you have any questions about delivery timescales or need an urgent delivery please get in touch.
We will be happy to dispatch your order once payment has been cleared. We accept all major credit/debit cards, Paypal, Stripe, bank transfer and finance payments via Klarna.
Bank transfers must be received within 1hr of placing your order. Non payment will deem your order as cancelled. Repeated non payment may result in your account with us being cancelled.
We will accept written cancellation of your product order for products unopened and resaleable within 14 days of receiving them, after this point, cancellation will not be accepted. If you wish to return products they need to be returned, unopened and resaleable at your own cost within 14 days of your written cancellation being received. Your refund will be processed within 14days of receiving your returns. Shipping fee’s will not be returned.
Amendments to Order
Alterations to orders must be made via email or call prior to despatch. If you wish to add to your order, we will endeavour to do so prior to dispatch, however in some cases this may not be possible and therefore delivery charges may apply.
Claims for Damage/Shortages
Claims for damage to goods in transit cannot be accepted unless the Company is advised in writing (along with supporting images) within 48 hours of receipt of goods in the case of damage. The Company must be informed in writing within 48hrs of delivery date in the case of loss. These claims should be emailed to email@example.com The Company must be satisfied that the goods are of unsatisfactory quality/damaged in transit in order to process the claim. The Company will not entertain claims made outside the stated time limits.
If you wish to return goods that have been ordered in error or are not as expected, the Company may agree to accept the return of the goods only if the item is in a resalable, unused condition and packaging.
The customer will be liable for returns shipping charges and if shipping charges were originally applied then these will not be refunded.
Goods which have been ordered in error or are not as expected, the Company may agree to accept their return on the following conditions:
- i) A returns request must be made to the Company within 14 days of receipt of goods received.
- ii) Returned goods must be in original condition and packaging – your statutory rights are not affected.
- iii) Goods which are given free as part of a promotion/offer are not exchangeable or refundable, unless the full offer is returned, subject to normal conditions
We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible within 14 calendar days from the day on which you give us notice of the returned goods.
Upon return of the product, it shall be sent to the brand for testing. You will be contacted within 7 days of the outcome. If the product is found to be faulty, a replacement will be sent, however if the product is found to be in good working order, it will be returned to you.
The Company must be notified to us within 48 hours of receipt of goods in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what the issue is. You will be contacted within 24 hours regarding the receipt of your query.
Retention of Title
Please note all goods remain the property of Gaynor Louise Ltd until they have been paid for in full.
TRAINING COURSES : Terms and Conditions
By paying for/booking a place on a course with us you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
You should read the specific course requirements as detailed on each course listing, if you have any queries, please resolve these before you agree to the terms and conditions and pay.
- You will be allocated your place on the course on receipt of full payment or booking fee for the course. We reserve the right to decline applications.
- Course fees are correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to vary course fees from time to time without notice to you.
- We have the right to make any changes to the course content which are necessary to comply with any law or applicable law or safety requirement, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the course and which do not affect accreditation.
- You acknowledge and agree that all course material, programme material, the training prospectus are Cuccio property or Gaynor Louise Ltd property, course dependant. Neither you nor your substitute delegate will copy the whole or any part of these materials without prior written consent.
- Some courses require compulsory periods of practise time outside of the classroom, building upon and developing techniques and skills. If you fail to demonstrate that you have completed this external work your educator reserves the right to exclude you from completing the remainder of the course. If you are excluded from completing the course, you will fail the course and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please ensure that you comply with the course pre-requisites as detailed on our website.
- When bringing electrical equipment to the course, please ensure that it is in good working order and safe for use.
- When models are required, you must ensure they are over 16 years of age and that they are free of polish and/or enhancements for nail treatments, prepared for other treatments with no contra-indications, correct pre-care taken before the training date, any relevant patch tests have been carried out and a consultation form filled out. Please ask for details for your specific course.
- Please ensure that your model remains as quiet as possible during your learning process as this otherwise can inhibit your learning experience.
- Where models are required, strictly only one model per student.
- Models cannot stay for the duration of the theory, they must arrive at the designated practical working time as given by your educator. If they must travel with you then they will be asked to sit in our quiet waiting area outside of the training room, until required. Please ensure you have made us aware of this before booking to ensure we can accommodate.
- Where the course requires you to allow other candidates to work on you, it is your responsibility to ensure that your nails/lashes/relevant areas are in a healthy condition, all pre-care has been followed.
- By purchasing the course you confirm that you have never had an allergic reaction, sensitivity or any other medical condition as a result of any previous related treatment. Our Educators reserve the right to exclude you from attending a course if they reasonably consider that your nails/lashes/relevant working area’s are in a poor and unhealthy condition. If excluded you will not be entitled to a refund.
- We reserve the right to reject you from attending a course where we reasonably suspect you are under the influence of drink and/or drugs, without incurring any liability to you. If excluded you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Cancellation – Once booked, no refund will be given if you cancel your place on a course. If you fail to attend a booked course under any circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund or a place on another date. If you have to cancel due to a medical condition, as long as a medical certificate is supplied and you have contacted us prior to the start of the course we may offer you a place on an alternate course, at our discretion. We may accept a substitute delegation in your place, subject to them signing the laid out terms and conditions.
- Online assessments cancellation – Once booked, we require a minimum of 48hrs to reschedule if needed. You may reschedule once, if needed. If you cancel/rescheduled your online assessment with less than 48hrs notice, or cancel/reschedule for a second time, or if you fail to attend the online assessment with no contact, under any circumstances, you will charged a fee of £20 + vat to rebook. 16.a You will only be allowed to rebook once if you have previously failed to attend with no contact. If you fail to attend a second time you will not be offered another assessment and your training course will be removed from your online training account as you will be unable to complete without a live assessment. No refunds will be given. If you wish to complete the course you will need to buy/book it again at full price. 16.b You will only be allowed to reschedule twice when giving the minimum required notice of 48hrs, the first time with no fee, a second time will incur the £20 + vat charge, if this needs to be cancelled again you will not be offered another assessment and your training course will be removed from your online training account as you will be unable to complete without a live assessment. No refunds will be given. If you wish to complete the course you will need buy/book it again at full price.
- We reserve the right to cancel any of our courses. Our liability to you will be limited to a full refund. For the avoidance of doubt we will not be responsible for any other losses, costs or expenses incurred by you. Where we cancel a course for any reason we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible.
- Should any covid restrictions cause us to cancel a face-face course, or any other circumstances beyond our control, we will re-book a date for you as soon as possible, or if possible convert to online.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have in place suitable insurance cover to attend and participate on the course, including professional indemnity insurance.
- We are committed to preserving the privacy of our customers. We may use your personal data for administrative purposes and we may keep this information for a reasonable period. We may also contact you by email, SMS or telephone to let you know of any products, courses or special promotions that may be of interest to you.
We will take images of the group of students on the training courses to use for advertising on social media, our website.
If you do not give Gaynor Louise Ltd the right to take or use images for advertising on social media/website and PR then please make this clear at the beginning of the course.
- All courses are subject to availability.
- Certificates of completion will be given out on the day following successful completion of the course. Unless case studies are required.
- Where case studies are required, certificates of completion will be sent out within 7 days of confirmation of your successful completion of the course.
- A 30 minute lunch break will be given, however lunch will not be provided.
- You are expected to be dressed appropriately for your course. A salon tunic is preferred but if you do not have one then smart black clothes are the preferred attire.
- Please ensure that should models attend on your behalf that they do not take any images or upload any photos to Facebook or any other social media platforms without your/our/other student’s prior consent.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.”